Deep fried crispy ball of soaked lentils. Also traditionally called as Ambode,this is a typical side dish from Karnataka and this dish prepared during festivals and also for a ll important occasion.
Soaking time- 40 mins
Preparation time- 20 mins
Cooking time- 20 mins
- 200 grams of Spilt Bengal Gram ( Chana dal)
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger grated
- 4tspn of grated coconut
- 1/4 cup of grated cauliflower
- 2 green chilly finely chopped
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1/4 bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tspn of sugar
- 2 tspn of chaat masala
- 2 tspn of corn flour (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Soak the chana dal and wash it till water runs clear and put it in a blender along with ginger,coconut.green chilly,curry leaves.
- Coarsely grind it.
- Take out in a mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients expect salt and sugar.
- Add corn flour if necessary.
- Make balls and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Nivedhanam-SIC SOUTH INDIAN COOKING event of ANU'S HEALTHY KITCHEN
The big sweet tooth-foodabulous event organised by Simply Tadka