Instant Kheer for all occasions. This is very easy and quickly made kheer ,made using minimum ingredients which are easily available.
Preparation time:- 10 mins
Cooking time:- 30 mins
- 200 grams of Toovar dal
- 1 and 1/2 cup of grated Jaggery
- 1 cup of full cream milk/ 1/4 cup of condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of fresh coconut which is finely ground
- 1 pinch of Cardamom powder
- a pinch of salt
- Cashew nuts which are roasted in ghee
Procedure to make:-
- Wash the toovar dal till water runs clear and then pressure cook it with 2 cups of water till its soft and mushy.
- Once the pressure is released take the dal out of cooker and let it cool.
- Using a hand blender or a whisk blend it into a smooth mixture.
- Now place in a non-stick sauce pan and place back on a medium flame,stirring continuously.
- Add either condensed milk or full cream milk.
- After it reaches a point of boil,turn off the heat and add jaggery and mix it completely**.
- Turn on the heat again and continue cooking on a low flame till a boil and then add the finely ground coconut.
- Continue cooking for 5 - 10 mins.
- Just before turning off the heat add a pinch of salt and cardamom powder.
** Turning off heat before adding jaggery is to prevent it from curdling the dal-milk mixture.
Note:- 1)Adding cardamom in end is to retain the flavor and aroma of cardamom.
2)Adding salt to a sweet dish gives a entirely different dimension to the dish and enhances the sweetness of the dish